Every major at Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies - health care management & policy, human science, international health, and nursing - may complete the pre-med curriculum.
Typical requirements, including for pre-med, pre-dent, and pre-PT, are below.
The years in which they are usually taken are in parentheses.
- 1 year of Biology (first year)
- 1 year of General Chemistry (first year)
- 1 year of Organic Chemistry (sophomore year)
- 1 year of Physics (junior year)
- 1 year of Math (first year or sophomore year)
- 1 semester of Calculus
- 1 semester of Statistics
Each student in NHS has two advisors during all four years which helps students stay on track: an academic advisor and a faculty advisor.
In addition, we also have a pre-health professional advisement system that allows for even more personalized attention as students prepare for and apply to graduate school.
NHS graduates have gone on to study at a variety of schools, such as:
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Harvard School of Medicine
- Feinberg School of Medicine - Northwestern University
- Yale School of Public Health
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- University of Michigan Medical School
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- University of Maryland Dental School
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Tufts University School of Medicine
- Ohio State University College of Medicine