The Office of Student Academic Affairs houses a strong peer advising program for current students who wish to help incoming students with the college transition process.
Peer Advisor Responsibilites
Peer advisors peform a number of important duties, including:
- Contacting advisees over the summer to introduce themselves and answer questions
- Assisting with pre-registration process during the summer and fall semester
- Working closely with the Office of Student Academic Affairs during New Student Orientation
- Providing outreach and support for up to four new students by planning social activities and maintaining ongoing contact throughout summer and fall
- Helping advisees with pre-registration results, schedule completion, and add-drop week
- Referring first-year students to appropriate university publications and resources
- Answering general questions about degree requirements, academic support services, and university procedures
- Attending training and events
- Maintaining contact with peer coordinators and advisees through academic year
- Contacting prospective students in April to talk about the benefits of attending Georgetown and being a student at NHS.
For more information, including required qualifications for participation, contact staff advisor Doug Little.