The Department of Advanced Nursing Practice and the Department of Professional Nursing Practice provide this list of scholarship opportunities as a resource for students in the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Please check with the sponsoring organization for the most up-to-date information about these opportunities or contact the university's Office of Student Financial Services for information about Georgetown.
- HRSA Nurse Anesthetist Traineeship
Advanced practice nursing anesthesia students are eligible for this scholarship opportunity. Please contact Donna Jasinski, PhD, CRNA, director of the Nurse Anesthesia Program, to complete an application form.
- The Nurse Loan Program (NFLP)
The Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) was created by the Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration to increase the number of qualified nurse faculty. It is a low-interest Federal loan program for schools of nursing who offer Master of Science in Nursing (MS) and doctoral degrees with specific Nurse Educator tracks. As a recipient of Nurse Faculty loan funds, you may be eligible to have up to 85% of this loan forgiven while serving as a full-time nurse faculty member at an accredited school of nursing. Click here for more information.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
Students who are members may be eligible for a $3000 scholarship.
- AfterCollege/AACN Nursing Scholarship Fund
This scholarship program supports students who are seeking a baccalaureate, master’s or doctoral degree in nursing.
- The American Association of Colleges of Nursing and the Nurse Practitioner Healthcare Foundation also maintain a listing of scholarships and financial aid resources for nursing students.
- Inova Health System offers both general scholarships available on a very limited basis and specialized nursing career scholarship programs. Nursing excellence scholarships are awarded to high-potential Inova employees, academically recognized college seniors, students enrolled in specially designated nursing programs and Inova nurses working on an advanced degree.