Each academic year, generally during the spring semester, the School of Nursing & Health Studies hosts a Values Based Lecture featuring a distinguished speaker. The event, which is planned by the school's Committee on Mission and Values, is open to the Georgetown University community.
On March 21 at 4 PM in Riggs Library, the school's annual Values Based Lecture, hosted by the Committee on Mission and Values, will feature a keynote address by the Rev. Monsignor John Enzler, president and CEO of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, and Denise Capaci, director of the organization's Adult and Children Clinical Services Department.
About Catholic Charities
Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. Motivated by the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, and guided by Catholic social and moral teaching, Catholic Charities strengthens the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. To this end we affirm and support the dignity of all human life, strengthen families and serve the poor and most vulnerable. (Text and photo source Catholic Charities. Read more.)
- Sister Carol Keehan, DC, RN, MS, president and CEO of the Catholic Health Association of the United States (2016)
- Desiree Hellegers (C'83), PhD, associate professor of English at Washington State University Vancouver and author of No Room of Her Own: Women's Stories of Homelessness, Life, Death, and Resistance (Palgrave Macmillan, 2011) (2015)
- Sister Simone Campbell, SSS, executive director of NETWORK, a national Catholic social justice lobby (2014)
- Christine Grady (NHS'74, G'93), PhD, RN, FAAN, chief of the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center's Department of Bioethics (2013)
- Maria Gomez (NHS’77), MPH, RN, founder, president, and CEO of Mary’s Center (2012)
- Rochelle Rollins, PhD, MPH, director of the Division of Policy and Data in the Office of Minority Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (2011)
- Joy Ufema, MS, RN, author of Insights on Death & Dying (2010)
- Laura Anderko, PhD, RN, the Robert and Kathleen Scanlon Chair in Values Based Health Care at NHS (2009)
- Carol Picard, PhD, RN, CS, past president of Sigma Theta Tau International, the honor society of nursing (2008)