McAuley Lecture Series - Feb. 19, 2013
National Health Policy
Mary Wakefield, Ph.D., RN, FAAN, administrator of the Health Resources and Services Administration, delivered a McAuley Lecture on the Affordable Care Act and its impact on primary care and the health professions.
The McAuley Lecture Series at NHS covers topics related to health and health care and is open to students, faculty, and staff across the university's campus.
The series was made possible through a gift from Brian and Jane McAuley - parents of Georgetown graduates Beth (C’98), Mary (NHS’07), and Tricia (NHS’02).
Some past speakers are:
- Rollin J. (Terry) Fairbanks, MD, MS, FACEP, director of the National Center for Human Factors Engineering in Healthcare at the MedStar Institute for Innovation. (Click here for story.)
- Jamie Kamailani Boyd, PhD, FNP-BC, APRN, an associate professor and health programs coordinator at Windward Community College of the University of Hawaii System (Click here for story.)
- Richard S. Schottenfeld, MD, professor of psychiatry at Yale School of Medicine (Click here for story.)
- Mary Wakefield, administrator of the Health Resources and Services Administration (Click here for story.)
- Then-HHS Secretary Michael Leavitt (Click here for story.)
- Fran Drescher, actress and cancer activist (Click here for story.)
- Bruce E. Bradley, director of health care strategy and public policy at General Motors Corporation
- Sister Mary Rose McGeady, then president & CEO of Covenant House
- Peter Buerhaus, the Valere Potter Professor of Nursing at Vanderbilt
University School of Nursing
- Enrique Ruelas Barajas, former undersecretary of health in Mexico (Click here for story.)