Applications are now open for Fall 2017. You can access the application here.
Application Deadlines: January 15 and April 1
Although each applicant is considered on an individual basis, the following are requirements for admission:
- Master’s degree with an advanced nursing practice
- Current U.S. RN license and certification in an advanced nursing practice role, if applicable.
- ApplyYourself online application that includes:
- Personal statement that includes short and long-term goals after completion of the DNP program. If you already have a general sense of your area of interest for your translational research project, you are invited to include this in your statement. However, this is not required.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation; one from each of the following: supervisor, faculty, colleague
- Supplemental Application Form
- Interview with the Program Director (by invitation upon review of application)
- Cumulative master’s level GPA of 3.3 or higher and master’s level science GPA of 3.0 or higher
*Applicants with other graduate degrees will be considered on a case by case basis
TOEFL score for applicants whose native language is not English (waived if a bachelor’s degree or higher was completed in a university where English is the primary language of instruction).
All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be accompanied by an official World Education Services evaluation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Applicants who are interested in the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program should review these Frequently Asked Questions.
Kelly Ayres, Assistant Director
(202) 687-3203 phone
(202) 687-3703 fax
246 St. Mary's Hall
3700 Reservoir Road NW
Washington, DC 20057-1107