The bachelor's program in the Department of International Health provides a strong base for the graduate or professional training that many international health positions require, as well as for entry into the field of international health.
The department's curriculum blends public health and health systems management with an emphasis on the environment, culture, economics, and politics and their influence on health.
The Office of the University Registrar maintains a list of courses and course descriptions for the International Health Program. To see the course descriptions for the current academic year, visit the registrar's Web site.
- One of the first of its kind in the country
- Allows students to complete pre-med coursework and study abroad
- Offers the opportunity to learn from faculty who have worked in leading health organizations, such as the World Bank and World Health Organization
- Located in Washington, D.C., providing extraordinary resources, guest speakers, and field trips
- offers internships in local organizations serving diverse cultures and in international organizations
- Small classes
Alumni pursue graduate or medical degrees at various locations, enter the workforce, or participate in service efforts. Examples include:
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Emory University Rollins School of Public Health
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Harvard School of Medicine
- London School of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene
- University of North Carolina School of Public Health
- Teach for America
- Deloitte Consulting
- University of Michigan School of Public Health
- United States Agency for International Development
- Goldman Sachs
- Liberia Ministry of Health
- World Vision International
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Peace Corps.
Graduates work in medicine, law, public health, policy, and epidemiology.
International Health Certificate
The Department of International Health offers a certificate program for students within the School of Nursing & Health Studies who are not majoring in International Health.
- Health Care Management & Policy and Human Science majors should click here for more information.
- Nursing majors should click here for more information.
Degree Progression Plan
Environmental and Occupational Health Minor Requirements
General Education Requirements
Health Promotion Minor Requirements
Population Health Certificate Requirements