The mission of the Department of Health Systems Administration is to be a leading resource for the provision of high quality health services through education, research, and service that will improve health services and systems administration.
- To have a highly qualified faculty who collaborate in an intellectually stimulating and collegial environment.
- To create an environment in which diverse students and faculty participate in advancing knowledge of health services provision.
- To offer high quality, competency-based service, continuing, graduate and undergraduate programs that emphasize quality of care.
- To maintain a collaborative and mutually beneficial relationship with the professional practice of health services administration.
- To serve as a resource to Georgetown University, the School of Nursing & Health Studies, the Health Sciences Center and the MedStar Health System.
- To reflect the Jesuit values of educating the total person for successful citizenship and service.
- To serve the alumni of the programs as they achieve their career objectives.
To provide the opportunity to develop the foundation of a career in the administration of health services through a well-designed liberal education, understanding the role of health in achieving quality of life and the role of high quality health services in protecting and promoting health.
- To attract individuals to careers in health services administration who are committed to making a significant contribution to quality health care as well as the health and the quality of life of the public.
- To orient students to the full spectrum of career opportunities in the field of health services, with an emphasis on the provision of high quality service delivery.
- To expose students to successful role models in didactic and practice settings.
- To provide fundamental background in the social, political, economic and technical forces and developments that shape the environment of the provision of health services.
- To provide basic competencies in the managerial skills and ethical sensitivity that are essential for successful and meaningful careers in the field.
- To provide practical learning experiences that will enhance and integrate didactic learning.
- To develop in students the appreciation and skills that are essential for life-long learning and development.