Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management & Policy
Making Global Change
As an undergraduate, David Lee earned a UNESCO Laura W. Bush Traveling Fellowship. In Afghanistan, Lee worked on a project related to cheaper, sustainable energy and public health.
The Health Care Management & Policy program provides a unique opportunity for students who are interested in preparing for careers in the management, organization, and policy of health care delivery systems and health services.
Students' experiences are enriched by being located in Washington, D.C., which is home to major health systems, all branches of government and many federal agencies, leading health care consulting organizations, and diverse non-profits and foundations.
In addition to these educational and employment opportunities, our undergraduates have access to the university's vast intellectual resources. At the same time, the school fosters a close collaboration among students, faculty, and professional mentors.
The program features:
- A health administration track and a health policy analysis track.
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and other organizations in the city provide experiential internship opportunities and a strong research base. Students are assigned a professional preceptor during their studies.
- Pre-med and study abroad options.
- An opportunity to apply early assurance to Georgetown University School of Medicine and Georgetown Law.
- Certificates in International Health and Population Health and a minor in Health Promotion.
- Top-notch faculty who occupy key positions in leading health services organizations and provide scholarly contributions to issues in health policy.
The degree opens doors:
Graduates from the program enter the workforce or go on to pursue graduate studies. Recent examples include:
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Deloitte Consulting
- Duke University School of Law
- Harvard School of Public Health
- The Advisory Board Company
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Useful Links for Health Care Management & Policy Majors