School of Nursing & Health Studies - Alumni
The connection to Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies does not end with graduation.
In fact, Commencement marks a new beginning - a lifelong connection to Georgetown University and NHS.
The school's alumni live around the world, working in nursing, global health, medicine, scientific research, health care management, etc. Their work supports the NHS mission, which, in part, reads: "to improve the health and well-being of all people."
NHS alumni are leaders. Just a few examples:
- Patricia Grady (NHS'67) directs the National Institute of Nursing Research at the NIH. (Read profile.)
- Issa Jeries Albandak (G’10) is CEO of Caritas Baby Hospital, an 84-bed children’s hospital in Bethlehem. (Read profile.)
- Christine McEntee (NHS'77) served as EVP and CEO of the American Institute of Architects. (Read profile.)
- Christine Grady (NHS'74, G'93) is chief of the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center’s Bioethics Department. (Read profile.)
- Eileen Brennan Ferrell (NHS'75, G'83) serves as interim chief nursing officer at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. (Read profile.)
- Rosa Gonzalez-Guarda (NHS'02) served as a co-author of the Institute of Medicine/Robert Wood Johnson Foundation report, The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health. (Read profile.)
- Thomas Mullin (G’08) serves as CEO of Select Specialty Hospital of Central Pennsylvania. (Read profile.)
- Erin Bailey is the executive director of the Center for Native American Youth at the Aspen Institute. (Read profile.)
- Kathleen Delaney (NHS'72) served as president of the International Society of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses.
- Susan Eckert (NHS'78) is the senior vice president of nursing and chief nursing executive for MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
- David Fajgenbaum (NHS'07) is founder of National Students of Ailing Mothers and Fathers.
- Maria Gomez (NHS'77) is founding president and CEO of Mary's Center. (Read profile.)
- Colleen Conway-Welch (NHS'65, H'97) serves as dean of Vanderbilt School of Nursing. (Read profile.)
- Bernardine Lacey (NHS'68) served as founding dean of the School of Nursing at Western Michigan University.
- Timothy Shannon (NHS'07) is co-founder of Global Platinum Securities.
- Margaret Jordan (NHS'64) is president and CEO of the Margaret Jordan Group. (Read profile.)
- Ken West (G'08) is associate COO at HCA Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center.
- Colleen Scanlon (NHS'76, H'00) serves as senior vice president for advocacy at Catholic Health Initiatives. (Read profile.)
- Angela Barron McBride (NHS'62, H'93) is former dean of Indiana University School of Nursing.
Upon graduation, alumni enter the workforce, pursue graduate studies at renowned organizations, and commit to service. Some recent examples:
- Yale School of Public Health
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Harvard School of Medicine
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- University of Michigan Medical School
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Children’s National Medical Center
- Deloitte Consulting
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Teach for America
The school invites alumni to read its Web site to learn more about NHS today.
In addition, NHS alumni should feel free to contact Paula Dillig Frishman, director of development, for more information.