School of Nursing & Health Studies - About
St. Mary's in Spring
St. Mary's Hall is the home of Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies.
Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies is a dynamic academic organization dedicated to its mission, which, in part, reads - "to improve the health and well-being of all people."
A part of Georgetown University Medical Center, NHS advances that mission in meaningful ways, including:
- Innovative undergraduate and nationally ranked graduate programs
- Faculty research, scholarship, and teaching initiatives
- Core educational and research facilities such as the O'Neill Family Foundation Clinical Simulation Center and the Discovery Center
- Faculty and student engagement in local, national, and global communities.
Today, the school includes four academic departments that touch upon important areas of the health and health care fields. They are:
- Department of Health Systems Administration
- Department of Human Science
- Department of International Health
- Department of Nursing.
Located in St. Mary's Hall on the north side of Georgetown University's 104-acre campus, NHS is well-known for its collaborative learning community that fosters close interaction among students, faculty, and staff.
Currently, about 1,500 students are enrolled in the school's undergraduate, second-degree, and graduate programs.
And throughout the school's four academic departments, there are approximately 275 full- and part-time faculty members.
In addition, the school houses a multimillion-dollar research program. Faculty investigators receive funding from a variety of agencies, such as:
- National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Army Research Office
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of State
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- The Visiting Nurse Association of Fox Valley
- The Vitality Group
- The Commonwealth Fund
- Glaucoma Research Foundation
- National Vulvodynia Association
- American Health Assistance Foundation